AEU, a trusted partner in longshore workers' compensation.
With decades of experience in the maritime industry and a strong commitment to our members, AEU is the leading provider of USL&H to waterfront employers of all sizes. Shipbuilders, ship repairers, marine terminal operators, stevedores, marine contractors and other waterfront employers may apply for ALMA membership through their insurance broker.
We offer USL&H, State Act, and MEL coverage for waterfront employers.
USL&H Program Highlights
- Dedicated account team
- Premium rates awarded based on performance
- In-house claims specialists
- Loss control support tailored to your unique needs
- Free access to educational events
- Exclusive online library of safety resources
- Minimum premium starts at $10,000 ($5,000 for diving contractors)
- ACORD workers’ compensation application
- Currently-valued loss runs (five years preferred)
- Five-year gross payroll history
- Current Experience Modification Worksheet
Trust the leader in longshore.
For 25 years, our commitment to keeping workers safe and claims costs low has earned us the trust of over 1,600 waterfront employers and their insurance brokers.
Let's get started.
If you need USL&H—or you want to learn more about it—let's talk. We strive to make the process as easy as possible.